I love that Matt is in preschool now. It is wonderful for my own sanity but I also enjoy all the cheesy celebrations and hand made gifts and crafts that inevitably come with every holiday, whether it is big or small. I never though that I would enjoy the cliche of it all, but it surprised me that I do thoroughly love it.
Matt's preschool had a Mother's Tea in celebration of Mother's Day. The kids fixed a plate of goodies for their moms and served it to us. They sang two songs ("You are My Sunshine" and "I'm a Little Teapot") but I was disappointed that the video I took of the occasion was mysteriously deleted by my phone. And best of all they gave us handmade gifts. Here are some pictures of the event. All of the kids were so darling and so proud of themselves. I love my little bundle of energy.
![]() |
| Self portrait of Matt and I. |
![]() |
| Matt picking out the food to give to me with the help of his teacher, Ms. Kathy. |
![]() |
| Walking the heaping plate of food over to me. He got so much food I couldn't possibly eat it all myself. Thank goodness for hungry a little boy who helped his mama out. |
![]() |
| "I'm a little teapot," . . . Except he's not short or stout. Looking at this picture I realize how much he's grown, those shorts are just barely below his knees now. He needs to stop getting so big. |
![]() |
| The teachers asked the children what they loved about their mothers and these were their responses. So cute. |
![]() |
| I zoomed in on Matt's response. |
I love being a mom and getting to celebrate Mother's Day makes my day, week, month, and year.
No comments:
Post a Comment