Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankful #1

It has been a really long time since I have blogged, and an even longer time since I have like a real human being. I have been feeling a lot like Eeyore lately so I decided to jump on the November thankful bandwagon. I am hoping that this list will help lift my spirits this month and help me focus on all of the wonderful blessings I have in my life, because they are many and plentiful.

No more Eeyore!


Thankful #1:
I have been terribly sick ever since I got pregnant with my daughter (who is now 20 months old). I had morning sickness the entire pregnancy and I longed for the day that I would have her and the nausea and vomiting would miraculously disappear. To make a long story short, it didn't go away and I continued to feel terrible on a daily basis. The last two months have been particularly bad so I finally broke down and saw my doctor. She ran a bunch of tests to try to discern what exactly was wrong with me. Many of the tests she ran were to determine if I have cancer. After waiting for almost two weeks, I finally received the biopsy results: I DON'T HAVE CANCER!

Being cancer free is something most people take for granted. But for me, I am celebrating the fact that all of my tests came back normal. While I am still feeling sick, everything seems just a bit more manageable without the threat of cancer hanging over my head. Now, on to to figuring out how to make myself healthy again... It will be a long road, but worth it in the end.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment