Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankful #4

I have graded 34 sophomore essays in the last 6 days with another 31 to grade by Friday. I have another 36 junior essays coming in on Friday. For those of you who are like me, not inclined to do math voluntarily, that makes for 101 essays to grade in 3 weeks.

Today I am thankful for a website called turnitin.com. This site is a Godsend to the beleaguered English teacher. It checks for plagiarism and keeps a database of every essay submitted by every student at RHS. I don't have to worry that my students' work is their own. It also helps me check the grammar in the essays so I don't have to mark up all of the students mistakes, I just have to check for accuracy. This one website has made my job so much easier and has saved me countless hours in grading. I am so thankful that I can focus on grading student essays for content instead of mechanics.

I know this isn't a fancy thing to be grateful for, but it is usually the simple things in life that make it so much easier to cope with everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment